Bravo Performing Arts Academy 2018
Auditions for the 2018 Bravo Summer Performing Arts Academy:
March 5, 6 & 8, 2018
How to Prepare for your Audition:
2. Short memorized Monologue or story
3. Bring completed Audition Card with a photo attached
4. Dance Auditions will be the same day as Song/Monologue Audition – please dress to dance
Auditions are for Academy Enrollment – Enrollment will be announced in March.
Interested in Stagecraft/Running Crew?
Those interested in stagecraft/running crew are required to attend a brief meeting on:
Saturday, March 3 from 10am-12pm
Students interested in stage-crew are required to SUBMIT AN ESSAY – NO LATER THAN MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26. Please read the questions below and email a one to two page essay for consideration to Tina Reynolds, Bravo Artistic Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Describe why you would like to participate on stage crew for the Bravo Summer Performing Arts Academy and summer production and what you hope to learn from the experience?
- List any experiences you may have had on stage or behind the scenes.
- What Bravo productions have you seen and which has been your favorite?
- Tell us about yourself (hobbies, likes and dislikes, favorites)
- What part of the technical theater experience interests you the most and why (costumes, painting, construction, stage management, set moving, curtain, makeup, sound, lights, design)?
- Which morning classes interest you the most: voice, dance, acting, improvisation, film, theatrical makeup, costume building, set design, script writing; and why?
- Being a part of the Crew can be very demanding. It takes hard work, dedication, teamwork, patience, and lots of discipline. Please describe your best attribute for being a member of the stage crew and why.
- On the night our show opens this summer, what job do you see yourself doing and why?
- Kids returning to crew: how can we improve your experience this summer?
Kids returning to crew: What did you like most about being on crew, what can you offer to the crew team this year and what are the reasons why you would like to return?